Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Up to speed

Finished 2 weeks of PTTP with deadlifts and side press. Warmed up with sumo DL with kbs. I've never really tried sumo but after some practice I think I like it. Work sets were 2 sets of 5 conventional DL. Side press took some getting used to but started grooving much easier after a couple days. I did 2 days of PTTP followed by one day of VO2 max snatches. Use 25# and 6 reps per :15 x 20 sets. 24 sets by end of 2 wks. That was a good weight for me and reps. I don't know how these guys get 8 reps in :15. Anyway, was a good change of pace and now I'm doing a program by Adam Glass, Operation Radiant Dawn. The goal is which is to progress to pressing the next heavier kb. My goals for the end of 4 wks is to press the 32kg bell and do a bottoms up press with 24kg bell.
Day 1: half get ups x 24kg x 2/2
BUP x 16kg x 4 singles
LPP with walkout x 20kg x (1,2 x 3) ladders
swings x 24kg x 10 reps at top of min for 5 mins

Day 2: half get ups x 24kg x 3/3
BUP x 16kg x 5 singles
stacked press x 43# ( 25+18) x 3 singles

These are definitely tougher than it looks on paper.

1 comment:

Joan Brown said...

http://healthimprimis.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-links.html