Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Playing

Today I played around with some drills. I am still able to complete a single pistol on each leg with a 20# kb.
Farmer's walk on toes with 24kg x 2, 60ft x 2
Floor Press with 2 - 24kg, 2 reps
Double KB clean, FS, PP x 1, double clean,FS, x1 , rest 2-4 min, x 6-7 sets , 24kg kb's

Update from weekend. I went to Nashvegas on wed to attend a chiropractic/dental symposium. I learned some new good stuff including some intra-oral cranial adjustments.
I also spent some time with the IronTamer himself. As I have mentioned before I can expect a new PR when I'm around David. I couldn't imagine what it might be this time as I haven't been training much the past couple months. But it never fails and he managed to shame me into the SSST. I have never tried this so just going 10 mins was an accomplishment. I ended up with 62 reps. I'm pleased with these numbers. It was not as scary as I had envisioned it but I don't know if I've ever worked that hard. My ribs and back were sore the next day from the heavy breathing. I didn't notice any hamstring/adductor soreness after this, not even the next couple days. I attribute this to the toe-touch exercises from Brett Jones. Apparently I have retrained the muscles to lengthen and relax.

No comments: