Friday, October 12, 2007

Snatchin'

No it's nothing vulgar or a reference to a Brad Pitt movie. I got a couple bells from IronWoody including a 25 lber. Decided to see how many snatches I could do in 5 mins. This will be a starting point as I am fairly unconditioned at this point.
97 reps
Switched hands every 10 reps.
I completed the 5 mins without setting the bell down which surprised me. But my pace was only 8- 10 reps per 30 sec with a little bell. It gives me a whole new appreciation for some of the numbers and paces that the others are putting up and posting. It also makes me realize that to pass the Rite of Passage I have to maintain that pace but do it for twice as long with twice the weight, but I'm happy with todays results. I guess I have a goal now. I will start by adding time, and reps per min, then increase the weight. Will probably do some additional swings and high pulls with heavier weight to help.
The office is nearing completion so I should have a little more time to get on a regular schedule and have a place to train soon enough.
BTW the woody bells perform nicely. Decent handle though a bit thin, very nice finish, easy on the hands but easy to hold onto. I also think I like the idea of all the bells having the same diameter as you can get into a groove with where it lands on the forearm. Though that was the last thing on my mind after a couple minutes into it.

3 comments:

Iron Tamer said...

You said "snatch" huh huh

P. J. said...

See Dave, that's why you and I get along. Gotta respect the Beavis and Butthead, they shaped a generation

Iron Tamer said...

You stayin' with us next wednesday?