Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I didn't want to...

but I did it anyway. Finished work today at 7pm and as I was about to walk out the door I realized I hadn't done my training today. So I manned up and got to it. DS again, doing 10 min work sessions with 5 min rests. Today is the actual start of 4 wks on DS.
A1: High Pull ,24kg - 4/4, 4/4 , 4/4, 4/4 = 16/ 16 reps
A2: Split squat, 50# - 4/4, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4 = 16/ 16 reps

B1: Ring pullups, bw - 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 = 24 reps
B2: Double MP, 2 x 16kg - 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 = 24 reps

I plan on getting some pics tomorrow to chart my progress with my training program.

I just watched Batman - Dead End, this is a mini-film starring Clark Bartram as Batman, Clark was the model for Beyond Bodybuilding by Pavel. Pretty cool short.

I've been taking Calcium Lactate , cataplex A-C and cataplex F, this is the immune triad. Ionizable calcium in the blood creates a calcium wave which triggers phagocytes to attack bacteria. the F helps ionize the calcium and then C acts to boost the immune system. There are numerous medical studies which relate hypocalcemia to increased illness, yet since they can't sell you a calcium drug they don't see the relevance. This program and some Echinacea in the past has prevented me from getting sick. - side note, if your echinacea doesn't make your tongue tingle, it is lacking the active ingredient. I've been sick in Oct for the past few years. This year I have had the stress of working long hours getting into the new office, plus traveling to seminars and lastly camping out in 30 degree weather. Thus far my body has stayed strong in spite of all the stressors. I attribute it to the immune boosting triad.
Cataplex C is the whole C complex from whole food sources, not ascorbic acid. The ascorbic acid makes up less than 5% of the C complex. It's antioxidant properties are only to protect the actual components of the vitamin. It is not the vitamin itself. Below is a picture of the vitamin C molecule. It is the P , K and J factors which prevent scurvy. Ascorbic acid will not cure scurvy which is a vit. C deficiency.

No comments: