Wednesday, May 28, 2008

training continues

Yesterday: Pullups (blue band over knee) x 10 reps x 3 sets. Decided to use the band to get more volume on my lockouts without toasting me too badly.

Today: Walk arounds (see previous post) - 16kg :30 each side x 2

Zercher lift: 100# x singles x 5 . I want to thank Kenneth Jay and Adam Glass for bringing this lift to my attention through their blogs. This is a fabulous lift that combines a deadlift, a front squat, and good morning all in one lift. When I first started my arms could only handle 75# with a sweatshirt on. Now 100# on bare arms isn't bad at all. I'm also lifting with my arms outside my knees instead of inside which I did originally.

Also got in some walking the past couple days. Sauna therapy is progressing well, it's been 4 weeks and I'm moving to a 2 on / 1 off routine which will give me 5 days/wk instead of 4. A follow up hair analysis is about 3 weeks off. Energy and motivation are also better though I'm careful to not do too much too soon. I'm in energy debt so I need to pay off the bank instead of spending everything I make.

No comments: