Monday, September 17, 2007

Dreadfully Strong continues

I haven't gotten a full week of training in since I started this program but I'm still making gains.
12 min sessions with a 5 min rest
A1: KB High Pulls with 24kg - 5/5 , 5/5 , 5/5 , 5/5 , 2/2 - Total 22/22 , this is a 2 rep per side increase since last week.
A2: Split Squat 55# bb - 4/4 , 4/4 , 4/4 , 4/4 , 2 right - total 18/16, a 2 rep gain on the right.

B1: Pull ups, bw + 10# - 4 , 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3 - 24 reps, a 1 rep gain
B2: Double MP 30# db's - 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3 - 29 reps. This is my best gain, 5 reps since last week

This is going to be the week I get a full 4 days of training in. I plan on doing FlowFit on my off days as active recovery.

I've been shopping for equipment for the new gym that will be at the new office. Remodeling starts next monday and hopefully opening date will be the first week of Oct.
I got a pair of 20kg composite plates to add to the existing barbell set. This brings the weight total up to about 320#'s , which I hope to be deadlifting within 6 months. Also picked up a set of Iron Woody stretch bands and shopping for a pull up bar. Some rubber mats and we will be set. My training partner is using his welding skills to construct a sled for us to start pulling. Now if we use all this equipment on a regular basis we will be some burly dudes.

No comments: