Monday, September 10, 2007

Dreadfully Strong today

I was reading about isometrics done by Bruce Lee on Kenneth Jay's blog and decided to try them. So I started my session today with those. 8 sec. each with 1 min rest. Felt a little tired during the rest of the training so I don't know if the isometrics are the culprit or not. But just in case I'll stop them for now.
Today went for 12 mins per series
A1: KB high pull 24kg - 5/5 , 5/5 , 5/5 , 5/5 - 20 total each side, this is the same as my 10 min time so something was off.
A2: Bulgarian Split Squat 55# (this is a 10# increase) - 4/4 , 4/4 , 4/4 , 4/4 - 16 reps per leg. Maybe it was the extra weight that slowed me down?
5 min rest
B1: Pullups bw+10# - 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2 - 23 total , 3 reps extra with an extra 2 mins so no real progress
B2: Double MP 30# db - 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 - 24 reps , this pace isn't too bad, felt strong through the end
Had an IronTamer smoothie (this is a David Whitley recipe, protein powder mixed with Lemon/Lime Gatorade, tastes a bit like a dreamcicle, if they were lemon/lime instead of orange), iced the legs and took some enzymes. Then a power nap using my theta brainwaves CD - http://www.immrama.org/ , really neat technology. My hamstrings seem to recover slowly and get sore so I'm hoping these additional measures will help.

No comments: