Friday, July 25, 2008

Deadlift and bending again, yah!!

Decided to incorporate one day of DL, since this is one area I want to make some good gains in. Would like to hit 2.5x bw by end of the year.

DL (conventional style)
135# x 3
185# x 3 - DO
195# x 5 - DO
205# x 5 - mixed grip
155# x 5 - pinkies on power rings

did some iso's on the horseshoe, one of these days that thing is going to move.
bent 3 - 3/16" sq x 7" , 1 DO, 2 reverse, but used left hand as anchor hand. This is opposite my usual style but left index finger started to ache with Right as an anchor.
I felt pretty good with these and will continue to add volume before moving up to harder stock.

I intended to do some getups also but either form was bad or got carried away on the weight because low back felt a little weak after DL. So I just did a couple arm bars.

Also tried the hand over hand pullups from the Charles Staley newsletter. Felt good.

No comments: