Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Core Training

This term is a joke in most realms and is indeed a 4-letter word in the real strength community. In fact as I write this I saw an ad for the electro ab stimulator on facebook. Let's see one of those guys bend some metal or put some real weight overhead or anything functional for that matter.
Todays core training consisted of 5-6 good cranks on a 90 degree horseshoe. The 2nd to last effort results in about a 5 degree move. I was beginning to think the other day was a fluke. That the metal had weakened after 6-8 months of effort. But I think I'm on the fast track now for a complete bend in a single setting.
These attempts were spaced over a couple hours.
Prep work: ASLR and thoracic rotation

Bent press:
warm up - 16kg KB x3/3
Empty BB (45#) singles x 2/2
24kg KB singles x 2/2

I am definitely feeling my midsection has received a thorough work out today.

No comments: