Sunday, April 27, 2008

Update

I've gotten lazy with my posting. Training is pretty slow, a bit of leg training with pistols or squats. "core" work with side bends, get ups, etc. Doing a bit of bent pressing with 16kg. Some block weight training and bending. 3/16" x 6" Sq and 1/4" x 7" HRS both going down with reverse style now. My kink feels stronger here than with DO. I've got a wide variety of steel ordered. Going to take a couple days off grip work.
Last weekend went to a fitness expo and watched some bodybuilders and powerlifters. This was the group that uses all the accessories, squat suits, bench shirts, etc. Some dude that did bench only set a new American record with 710#. The sad thing is that it was the heaviest lift of the day. What's wrong with the strength world when guys are benching more than they are squatting or deadlifting. There was one fellow that was impressive, lifted in the 164# class and squatted over 3x bodyweight and probably DL that much as well. Bench numbers were decent too.
I got to try flipping a 850# tire. I did it when no one was looking in case I couldn't but I succeeded, that felt pretty good.
Also got my infrared sauna built thanks to some help from dad. I expect it to speed my healing progress. I can't wait to be able to go full bore on the training and outdoor activities. But that will probably be a year away.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I've been reading up on the infrared saunas. Did you order a kit or create one yourself?