Monday, March 10, 2008

I have a plan of attack

For those of you who are interested in how this stuff works, I had my consult today for my adrenal test. Normally this is tough enough to fix but in my case I'm even worse. I am in a 4 low pattern in my hair analysis. This means my calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium are all below normal levels. What this means is if I stimulate my adrenal glands with glandulars and supplements to run faster I'll just burn myself out worse. That means no Drenamin, no licorice, no DHEA. So the course of action here is to sedate and tonify the system. So the course is as follows.
Using liquid herbs because they are more easily assimilated which will nourish the adrenals, liver and support immunity.
Rehmania, Astragalus, and Echinacea.
A Calcium, Magnesium, trace mineral combo to slow the system down enough to let it heal.
Digestive enzymes and probiotics to make sure I'm digesting my food and absorbing nutrients
Glandular support for the HPA (hypothalamus, pituitary, adrenal axis)
Repeat hair mineral analysis in 1 month
3-4 months - retest cortisol and test male hormones.
I also have to put my ego aside and not try to set any strength records. I will just attempt to maintain most of the strength I currently have. I am reducing my current routine to 3 days a wk, with the exception of the pullups, I'll attempt to finish the course. I will continue to bend as long as it doesn't take too much of a toll on me. I'm going to try to tune in and listen to my body. If I feel tired, I'll take a day off. I see people come in the office all the time and tell me how they fell apart when they turned 40 or 50 y/o . I refuse to be one of them.

No comments: