Monday, March 3, 2008

Training and test results

Pullups - 20# x 6,5,5,4,3

DL : 165# x 5 ; 175# x 5

double MP : 2-16kg x 5 reps x 2

Swing : 2-16kg , 1 hand x5/5 x 2

Pistols GTG : 20# x 1/1 x 2

My adrenal test came in and with some interesting results. Normal cortisol levels are 23-42 , mine is a whopping 12. Yeah, no wonder I have no get up and go. Cortisol is the hormone that allows you to respond to any stressor, this might be emotional stress, chemical stress, or physical stress. We think of stress in a negative way but anything is a stress to the body, if your blood sugar goes down after a meal or if the temperature changes, even standing up or picking up a weight requires the body to respond by increasing BP, mobilizing glucose, etc. In my case my body is having a hard time doing this, I'm in a state of adrenal failure. This could be a very lengthy and difficult healing program. I'm going to try to maintain a minimal level of strength training without further depleting the system. But I won't be doing any high rep stuff. A little patience now will result in a much bigger payoff a few months down the road.

2 comments:

Iron Tamer said...

So how do you treat this problem?

Also nice bending & scrolling.

P. J. said...

Thanks, the scrolling is pretty fun.
It is treated with rest, and not overexerting myself and supplements to feed the body and herbs to coordinate hormone production, maybe even some hormone precursors such as DHEA and pregnenolone. I've attempted to support the system in the past but apparently that wasn't aggressive enough. I can still function decently but if left unchecked it will catch up to me so time to fix it now.