Monday, March 17, 2008

Yellow?

Kris cut our stock over the weekend. And got the HRS and CRS mixed up. So I attempted to seperate the two. I picked a piece I think was CRS and bent a 1/4" x 7". If so, this is my short term goal of a yellow nail. I'm not completely sure though because I got shut down by a piece of HRS and even 3/16" x 7" square right after. But maybe that was because I was tired. Well I'll get some more and then I'll know for sure. If so, the next to fall is the blue. Plus the hand is pretty tired today. I think I got carried away with the block weights last week.

Other training today.
Pullups: 20# x 7,6,6,5,4 (before lunch)

Tonight -
DL: 165# x 5 ; 175# x 5
Double MP : 16's x 5 x 2

2 comments:

Adam said...

Alright

here how to tell the difference

CRS bends with a harder kink, its harder so the metal bents aburtly (damn i can not spell)

Another way to check- drop test:
This sounds funny, but it worls.

Take two pieces of steel, they have to be similar so two bolts, or two pieces of drill rod, or two bars.

hold one in each hand, and drop them one at a time from the same height. The stronger metal will have a higher pitch when it strikes the ground. HRS will sound much different than CRS, CRS being the harder metal when cut to the same thickness and length.

that will help you. For the future, i recommend taking a bottle cap and putting some paint it in, as you cut, dip one end in the paint, now you know exactly what it is

keep up the good work Brother

Adam

P. J. said...

Those are some great ideas, especially the paint thing. Going to shoot you an email about shoes.