Friday, January 25, 2008

changing it up

Tomorrow I'm attending a FMS workshop by Brett Jones (who? Brett Jones!) in p-burgh. That means I won't have time to DL tomorrow. Though I do hope to do a couple reps and get some pointers from Brett if he has time.

I decided I'd rather stay on track more with the DL than arm day. Plus I can still feel the triceps from the other day.

DL - 215# x 2 reps x 4 sets , 2 min rest. I'm really focusing on form trying to implement the suggestions given to me. The heaviness of the first rep surprised me a little but after that it wasn't bad. By applying high-tension techniques it all feels heavy, even 150#, so you just get used to it.

I didn't have to completely write off the arm training because of the briefness of the DL routine.

OA band pullup - did 3 singles back-to-back alternating R and L x 2 . So total reps 6/6. These felt good, able to lock off nicely at the top so I just continued to do a few reps instead of stopping with 1.

Bending - 3/16 CRS x 5" x 1 , I'm slamming these now, just need to get some more so I can do some volume and work on speed and explosiveness.
Pole barn nails x 4 , these are 6" x 3/16 but galvanized and significantly harder than the "greens" . I stalled out on the 4th one and had to go to DU to get the initial kink. I think I might be stronger on DU, I'm going to have to play around with this more. Maybe it was just the change of muscles that made it easier.
Finished with some leverage work and CB.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Take some nails with you to see Brett, he is a great steel bender. Also, ask him if he got the package i sent him. Thanks bro

Adam

Iron Tamer said...

Have a great time PJ!
Buy Brett a Guiness and a brownie & he'll be your friend forever...

P. J. said...

Will do on both accounts fellas. I'll be writing about the fun I had and what I learned once I'm back in WV.