Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New Program

I finished DS II before Christmas. It turned out quite well. Now I'm starting something new. I put this program together based on some training I've read on some other blogs. It is a 4 day program again but has more specialization, though still not isolation.
Day 1 is a strength endurance day based on principle of density training by Ethan Reeves. I found this on Brett Jones blog a while back.
yesterday, 24kg get-ups 3 x 2. I will eventually work up to 5 x 2. I remember last fall I did these for the first time and could barely do a single rep, so I'm making progress. They were tough but I haven't done them in 6-8 months.
Snatch 24kg 10 x 2/2 , a set each 1.5 min. Want to get to a set per min. This pace was comfortable so I'll decrease the rest next time to 1.25 min.
Finished with some wrist roller work. Ext , 35# x 2 reps x 3 sets. A rep is rolling from floor to the bar, not sure how many rotations this is. I rigged my roller so it is supported so I can do heavier weight than holding it up with my arms. Very effective.
Wrist flexion, 45# x 2 x 3 , I was feeling the burn on these. My forearms felt like they were going to explode. Immediately followed it up with some stretching and The Stick (to stop the cramping). I think this will improve my grip endurance for climbing
Finished with some ulnar and radial flexion with my homemade 10# CB.
I ordered Jedd Johnson's bending e-book and ordered some stock from FBBC. I plan on bending a lot this year. The book was very informative.
My goals for '08 are, DL 2.5 x bw, OA pullup, close #2 CoC, bend 1/4" x 7" nail, either IM or FBBC. 100 reps in SSST and be able to pass the RKC cert ( I think it's around 20 reps per arm), MP 1/2 bw kb and pistol with 24kg kb. With any luck I'll meet these goals earlier in the year and set some new ones. I also want to add some size to my arms and legs. This current program is designed to help me with several of those goals. My biggest problem is going to be eating enough food to grow. (yeah, I know, you wish you had that problem, lol) But I don't have a big appetite and my body is in a state of catabolism. But I'm working on that too.

Will post Day 2 tomorrow

No comments: