Wednesday, January 9, 2008

gettin' it

Day 6
Triceps ext, kneeling on rings - 6sets x 4 reps , 1:30 rest
5 min rest
ZSQ - 80# x 6 sets x 4 reps , 1:30 rest
These are feeling a lot better and the arms are toughening up already. The extra rep/set and 5# made a good difference from last time
rest
Farmer's Walk on toes , 2-24kg x 3 sets x 100ft , my calves were screaming after this and I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow. But maybe after a few weeks of these it won't look like I'm riding a chicken, lol.

I receive my stock of bending materials from FBBC yesterday. The 3/16" round CRS x 5" went pretty easy and felt good. Last year when I bent my first green nail I stalled out on the first attempt and really had to grind through to get it but today it went smoothly. It's nice to see how far you've come. The 3/16" x 7" square stock is a different story though. I bowed it slightly but that's it. Since it isn't my bending day I didn't try to force it. We'll see what happens on saturday and hopefully my leather wraps will have arrived.

Bending is such a phenomenal exercise. It hits everything from the waist up and down to the fingers. FBBC has some great bending material and the staff was very helpful. And don't forget a good set of leather wraps, which you can get from Adam Glass (see the link to the right).

No comments: