Saturday, January 12, 2008

New grip toys

We created some new grip toys today from PVC. Attached some hooks to an end cap which is probably 3.5-4" in diameter to train the hub lift. And also a coupler which is basically a really, really fat bar device. It is 4" in diameter. It's almost too big so we will find one a little smaller. The new loading pin Kris made works quite nicely with our new PVC stuff. 1-hand swings with the fat bar are sooooo tough. They are more like sways than swings since any momentum pulls it out of my hand.

DL- 75% max day, 190# x 8sets x 3 reps , 1:30 rest , the first few sets were DO grip, then switched to mixed as it felt heavier. This weight was tough, felt closer to my max than 75%. Focused on technique and tried to pull with the whole body in unison, loading legs and back and keeping shoulders packed.

Wish I had a hot-tub to soak in today. Arms are still tired from yesterday. I'll use some contrast therapy, plus I get a day off and I'll be good to go on Monday.

2 comments:

Iron Tamer said...

fun fun fun!

P. J. said...

No doubt about it. Grip training is always fun for me and usually pretty addictive. Thanks for getting me started on bending too. It's one of my favs now.