Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 2 training

After reading a couple articles on the zercher squat I decided to add it to this program
ZS - 75# x 3 reps x 6 sets, started a set every 1.5 min.
5 min rest
Tricep ext on the rings, kneeling- 3 reps x 5 sets, started on 1.5 min
gripper- CoC #T , 5 reps x 3 sets
HG 200 , 5 reps x 2 sets, couldn't complete the close with last reps of LH.

After resting and before heading home I decided my legs needed a little more work
Hack squat with kb, 20# , 2 reps x 2 sets. I tried 3 reps but lost it both sets. It's amazing what a little leverage can do, 20# feels almost impossible.

My legs could have handled more weight with ZS but my arms couldn't. I figure they will toughen up. I am going to add a 4th rep next time. And going at add a 6th set of triceps ext.

Time to eat some grass-fed steak for dinner.

No comments: