Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Feeling results

a little warm up including RKC arm bars with 25# , this is such a great drill. My shoulders feel so relaxed and my posture is solid after doing these, really get a good biceps stretch with it too. And I'm getting the pelvis flat which means I'm getting those shoulders opened.

ZSQ - 80# x 4 reps x 6 sets. 1:30 rest/set.
I think I'm ready for 85# on these. It's still uncomfortable by my arms are adapting to the pressure.

5min rest

Ring triceps ext - kneeling - 4 reps x 6 sets. The 4th rep is feeling stronger. Not sure how to take these to the next step.

Ran out of time so I'll do calves tomorrow and maybe some grip.

I have a couple pieces of 2 x 4 hanging on a string from my pullup bar. I use these to train for rafter pullups. It mostly strengthens the grip because they are free hanging you can't activate the chest compression you could on actual rafters. I occasionally train timed hangs using bands. Today I was messing around and didn't use the same pinch grip that I would for the pullup but pinched it from the side with my fingers to the back and thumbs on the front (sort of a phonebook tearing grip). Anyway I was able to hang full BW on the first try, on the 2nd try I actually did a pullup, rarrr!! lol.
It's good to see the results of training and it adds extra motivation.

2 comments:

Adam said...

PJ did you recieve your wraps yet?? Let me know man, i want to get you bending this month!

P. J. said...

Yep, they work great. Still a bit stiff but they will get broken in.