Friday, February 22, 2008

Another bending PR

Big warm up today with Z and some FMS corrective drills.
DL : 155# x 5
165# x 5
I forgot that I increased the weight on these the other day.

MP: 20+25# kb x 5/3 , 3/3 L/R
I guess my pressing strength has gone downhill. I'll probably replace these with 16kg and a band presses.

Pistols : 20# x 1/1 , 1/1 , since I wasn't at the office today I didn't get to GTG , so I only got in 2 sets of singles while training today.

Pullups : 20# x 5,4,3,2,1

Bending - 3/16" x 5 CRS , 1 DO , 1 DU , 2 reverse
Pole Barn nails , 1 DO , 2 DU , 1 reverse
3/16" x 7 sq 1 DO
3/16" x 5.5" sq - 1 DO , I wasn't planning on doing any square stock today but I finished up with the easier stuff and felt strong and Kris was trying his hand at the square, got his first 6" piece on the first attempt. I decided to give the 5.5" a go, this was my first attempt but everything else has been going well so I gave it a try. It's amazing how quickly progress is coming. My first success on the pole barn nails was around xmas and I was sore for 3 days after 1 bend. And a few weeks ago when I received the square stock the 7" wouldn't budge. I'm sure the new wraps are part of it and technique as I mentioned and definitely the crush lever bar but the final result is that harder and harder steel is succumbing to my force. What a great feeling.

Crush grip leverage, rear extension and rotations. and chest crush curls with 16kg , a couple with mini band.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Music to my ears! keep it coming brother, that yellow nail is scared!

P. J. said...

thanks mate, I'm predicting it goes down within 2 months. I appreciate all the tips and videos, plus your success is quite motivating.