Saturday, February 16, 2008

A little disappointed

Finished another program today and ended up with DL.
185# x 2,
190# x 2,
205# x 2,
215# x 2,
230# x 2 ,
then max out. Attempted 270# but failed, got 260#. My max before starting the program was 255# so not a great improvement. I have lost about 4 lbs from when I was sick a couple weeks ago so percentage wise it is a little better but not what I expected. For me that was quite a bit of volume prior to the max out so maybe that's part of it. Even though I have moderate strength I don't have much stamina. In any case I'll try again on monday with just a warm up and see if I can do something a little more respectable. Yeah, maybe I'm being too hard on myself.
Kris went from a max of 275# to 320# which was all the weight we had so he may have had another 15-20 lbs in him. I think he made as much of a neurological gain as he did strength and he's putting up numbers closer to what I think he's capable of.
He also got our steel cut up so we did some bending. 3/16" CRS x 5" is cake now. I did 4 in a row DO for speed work and then 2 DU and 2 Reverse style. That was my first real experience with reverse, not too bad, but definitely the hardest technique for me. Then 2 pole barn nails DO and 1 DU. The nails break on bending which is kinda fun, makes you feel tough ;-).

No comments: