Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow day

It snowed today and that slowed down business. The upside is that I had plenty of time to train.
this morning -
pullups: 20# x 5,5,4,3,2
a little grip work, gripper, leverage, plate wrist curls.

afternoon -
got my 1/4" HRS today in 5 ft sections. I decided to coil a section ( Yes, I'm copying Adam, but hey it must work because he is smashing all sorts of records). I d/l a pdf by Eric Vining over the weekend after searching for some "how-to" info. You read this stuff and they tell you it's hard and a total body workout and it's not that I don't believe them, but it's just something you have to experience for yourself. So I got my gloves on and started. Well it is only 1/4" but it bent easier than I expected. But that is not to say it was easy. I was feeling my abs, and definitely my wrists. So I coiled a piece, uncoiled it and then coiled and bent some more. I bought this stuff to help transition my short bending but I think I might have another addiction.

bottom's up C&P : 16kg x 5/5 x 2 . I did each rep from a dead pull from the floor, trying to improve my explosiveness. I think I might need some coaching on this as I didn't feel very explosive.

DL: 160# x 5 , 170# x 5

Managed to GTG with pistols: 20# x 1/1 x 2 , still able to do reps back-to-back.

Finished with some bending, a few 3/16" x 5, couple nails and a 3/16"sq x 7. Had trouble with this one and my grip is still tired. Going to take a couple days rest until we get the 1/4" HRS cut up. In fact with the exception of my pullups I'm taking tomorrow off from everything. Hope to get time for contrast bath tonight.

No comments: